Makerspace policies help keep the space functioning smoothly. While the lab is open to the entire campus community, the primary users will be students in the School of Engineering working on project prototypes. There may be times when this activity takes precedence and use by others will be limited.
- Use of the Makerspace other than outlined above will require the expressed consent of the Laboratory Manager or Dean of the School of Engineering.
- Users of the facility must abide by all posted procedural and safety signs.
- Users may be asked to contribute to the running of the facility by paying for materials used.
- Users must learn the correct use of each piece of equipment through the training materials provided.
- Users must comply with the directions of lab supervisors regardless of their rank or experience.
- Users must refrain from making things considered profane, offensive, or dangerous. No weapons or components of weapons will be allowed in the facility.
- Users who violate the above policies may have their privileges revoked by the Dean of the School of Engineering.