The CAMEL Fab Engineering Fabrication Facility is located on the first floor of Carrie Rich Hall, this professional-grade metal and woodworking fabrication facility supports student projects from the freshman through the senior year. Capabilities include:
- CNC Milling Machine (Tormach PCNC 770)
- CNC Lathe (Tormach Slant Pro 15L)
- Manual Milling Machine (Wabeco F1200E)
- Manual Lathe (Wabeco D4000E)
- CNC Gantry Router (ShopBot)
- Laser cutter (Epsilon Fusion M2)
- Drill presses
- Band, miter, and table saws
- Sanding and grinding equipment
- Professional high-precision metrology (measurement) tools
- A large variety of hand tools and light power tools
The CFx is an exciting expansion of prototyping capabilities in the new Engineering Annex. When it opens in the fall of 2017 it will contain a Flow Mach 2b WaterJet and will later expand to include welding, fiber forming and other manufacturing technologies.
The CAMEL Fab requires instructor/lab manager/TA supervision and specific safety training and presentation of engineering safety identification badges prior to facility entry and equipment usage. Violation of facility and/or safety regulations will result in restrictions up to and including permanent denial of entrance and usage. Engineering personnel will available to consult on fabrication and provide training on a limited basis.