The CAMEL Fab Engineering Fabrication Facility is located on the first floor of Carrie Rich Hall, this professional-grade metal and woodworking fabrication facility supports student projects from the freshman through the senior year. Capabilities include:
- CNC Milling Machine (Tormach PCNC 770)
- CNC Lathe (Tormach Slant Pro 15L)
- Manual Milling Machine (Wabeco F1200E)
- Manual Lathe (Wabeco D4000E)
- CNC Gantry Router (ShopBot)
- Laser cutter (Epsilon Fusion M2)
- Drill presses
- Band, miter, and table saws
- Sanding and grinding equipment
- Professional high-precision metrology (measurement) tools
- A large variety of hand tools and light power tools
The CFx is an exciting expansion of prototyping capabilities in the new Engineering Annex. It contains a Flow Mach 2b WaterJet and will later expand to include welding, fiber forming and other manufacturing technologies.
The CAMEL Fab requires instructor/lab manager/TA supervision and specific safety training and presentation of engineering safety identification badges prior to entering the facility and using the equipment. Violation of facility and/or safety regulations will result in restrictions up to and including permanent denial of entrance and usage. Engineering personnel will available to consult on fabrication and provide training on a limited basis.